The OutList recognizes healthcare providers who identify as culturally competent in the provision of care, treatment, and services of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) population. The OutList is open to all healthcare providers, including but not limited to: physicians, dentists, pharmacists, optometrists, podiatrists, acupuncturists, chiropractors, occupational therapists, physical therapists, dietitians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, psychologists, and social workers. To qualify for the OutList, providers must:
- be culturally competent to provide appropriate care for LGBTQ individuals.
- create a welcoming environment for LGBTQ persons.
- avoid assumptions of sexual orientation and gender identity.
- facilitate disclosure of sexual orientation and gender identity but be aware that disclosure of “coming out” is an individual process.
- provide information and guidance for specific health issues facing LGBTQ persons.
We proudly have 361 providers on the OutList!