In order to understand the intersections of gender identity, sexual orientation, and healthcare disparities, OutCare is dedicated to academic LGBTQ+ research. Check out our current research projects and past publications that were authored by OutCare members.
Current Research Projects
- Assessment of LGBTQ+ clinical preparedness, attitudinal awareness, and knowledge among: healthcare professional students, psychiatry residents, and dementia care providers
- Evaluation of LGBTQ+ culturally-competent provider databases
- Development and implementation of national online platforms in promoting LGBTQ+ cultural competency
- Analysis of eating disorder symptomatology as a function of gender-affirming hormone therapies and surgeries
- Characterization of LGBTQ+ veterans’ experiences with healthcare services