In order to understand the intersections of gender identity, sexual orientation, other social classifications, and healthcare disparities, OutCare is dedicated to academic LGBTQ+ research. Check out our current research projects and past publications that were authored by OutCare members and OutList providers.
Current Research Projects
- Assessment of LGBTQ+ clinical preparedness, attitudinal awareness, and knowledge among students, residents, providers, and organizations
- Evaluation of LGBTQ+ culturally competent providers
- Development and implementation of interventions in promoting LGBTQ+ cultural competency
- Examination of physical and mental health disparities across LGBTQ+ subgroups (e.g., nonbinary, genderqueer, and transgender identities)
Current Research Studies
- A research study is being conducted on how diverse families make pregnancy decisions together. If you or your partner are between 18-26 weeks pregnant, or if you or your partner delivered a baby between 22-25 weeks, you may each qualify for this study. Participants who complete a 1-hr zoom interview will be paid $50 each. Both members of the parenting team must be willing to complete an interview. Click here for more information: https://redcap.uits.iu.edu/surveys/?s=3WRERWCPNWCL4WAF