In order to understand the intersections of gender identity, sexual orientation, and healthcare disparities, OutCare is dedicated to academic LGBTQ research. Check out our current research projects and past publications that were authored by OutCare members.
Current Research Projects
- Assessment of LGBTQ clinical preparedness, attitudinal awareness, and knowledge among: healthcare professional students, psychiatry residents, and dementia care providers
- Evaluation of LGBTQ culturally-competent provider databases
- Development and implementation of national online platforms in promoting LGBTQ cultural competency
- Analysis of eating disorder symptomatology as a function of gender-affirming hormone therapies and surgeries
- Characterization of LGBTQ veterans’ experiences with healthcare services