I personally identify as genderqueer (They/Them, or He/Him) and Polyamorous (Ethically Non-Monogamous for 26 years), and I have defined my practice as being Queer and Transgender Focused, Sex Positive, Kink and Poly aware. My practice is centered on not only affirming but celebrating the diversity of Gender, Attraction, and all Family and Love Styles.
Following the completion of my undergraduate degrees and a year of substitute teaching experiences, I began my career in community mental health, with developmentally disabled adults. I partnered in the founding years of a program for sexual minority youth in N.E. Florida in 1997, and volunteered as a youth counselor for at risk young adults age 13-24 who identified as LGBTQ in 1998. In 2001 I served as the pre/post test (HIV/STI) counseling coordinator for ALLGLO in Austin Texas.
Memberships & Associations:
- American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA) 2014
- Foundation for Sex Positive Culture (FSPC) 2006
- Consent Academy 2018
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA) 2018
- National Coalition for Sexual Freedom (NCSF) 2009
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) 2018
- Mental Health Professional
- Certified Sex and Intimacy Therapist (ISB)
- Transgender Specialist
- LGBT Specialist
- Impulse Control and ADHD Specialist
Continuing Education Focuses:
- Counseling LGBTQ Families, and Youth of LGBTQ Parents
- LGBTQ Family Reconciliation Work
- Religeon, Failth and the LGBTQ Individual
- Clinical Hypnotherapy for Pain Management (Specifically around Gender Confirming Surgeries)
I have training in counseling individuals diagnosed with HIV or other sexually transmitted diseases. Proactive consent practices. Sex Positive & Kink Aware counseling that are not CEU based.
Therapy/Support groups for specific LGBTQ community that I have organized:
- Men Moving On (A grief and loss group for male identified members of the queer community).
- Counseling in the Quilt Bag (consultation group).
- Parents, Partners and Pronouns (Transition support for parents and spouses/partners of recently out transgender clients individuals)
Since the inception of my practice I have been putting 10% of my income into a subsidized session program for under/uninsured individuals in the community, often used to provide second letters for gender confirming procedures in addition to being awarded to address high deductibles/co-payments based on income guidelines.