My practice is non-pathologizing, affirms LGBTQ, genderqueer, non-binary, and sexually diverse identities, and provides weight-neutral care aligned with the principles of Health at Every Size. I am committed to resisting racism, ableism, and other systems of oppression that threaten and harm people experiencing marginalization. You deserve care that is safe, culturally competent, and deeply respectful.
In all of our work together, I trust that:
- Problems are separate from the people experiencing them.
- Problems are developed, perpetuated, and changed within social, political, and cultural contexts.
- You are the expert on your own life.
- Your wisdom, knowledge, and strengths have been hard won, and are the foundation of our work together.
- My role is consultant and collaborator, sometimes guide, and always learner.
- Together, we can create greater freedom for you to choose your preferred life, even in the face of problems.
In technical terms, I practice person-centered therapy from a narrative therapy worldview, informed by trauma and resilience research and intersectional feminism.