***I will be transitioning from my current position at LifeSolutions Counseling to Catalyst Counseling in August 2022, and will continue taking new clients starting at that time.***
I am a licensed therapist serving adults and adolescents struggling with life’s challenges. I believe in a collaborative and client-focused therapeutic relationship with treatment that is tailored to fit the client’s goals and individual experiences. My clinical interests include addressing anxiety and depressive disorders, trauma, self-esteem issues, phase of life concerns, and relationship issues including domestic violence. In addition to identifying as part of the LGBTQ+ community, I am particularly passionate about working with and affirming others who are a part of this vibrant community.
I am happy to be able to offer both in person appointments and telehealth services per the client’s preference.
I regularly attend continuing education workshops to continue to grow and develop as a therapist, including the following:
- LGBTQ Annual Healthcare Conference (IU School of Medicine) — March 21-22, 2019; March 25-26, 2021; March 24-26, 2022
- Third Annual Conference of Serving Sexual & Gender Minority Clients (National Association of Social Workers: Indiana Chapter) — February 27-28, 2020
- Stronger Communities: LGBTQ Suicide Prevention (American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: Indiana Chapter) — July 20, 2019
- Working Clinically with Lesbian, Gay, Biattractional, Transgender, Questioning, and Gender Non-Conforming Clients (Indiana Association of Black Psychologists) — June 17, 2017
- LGBTQ: Caring for youth, their families, and their communities (University of Indianapolis)– Nov 6th, 2015
I’ve been seeing Kalen for the past year at her previous place of employment and she is absolutely AMAZING. I’ve worked with over a dozen therapists in different places and at different times, but none of them has been as good of a fit as Kalen Granger. She is so incredibly caring and compassionate and I can really tell that she cares about my well-being. She really knows what she is doing in most areas, but one of the things I appreciate most about her is that she admits when she is not an expert in a certain topic and needs to either consult a colleague or do personal research. In the year that I’ve been seeing her she has gone above and beyond for me so many times and I am so grateful for it— if not for her tenacity I probably wouldn’t be around to write this. Another important note is that she has been EXTREMELY helpful with helping me love and accept myself as a transgender woman and I can’t believe she would be any less helpful to anyone else in the community. Again Kalen is awesome and I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone seeking a new therapist.