– Certificate in LGBT Health (Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2017)
– Authored book chapter:
Gridley SJ and Kothary V. “Immigrant and International LGBT Health.” Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Healthcare: A Clinical Guide to Preventative, Primary, and Specialist Care. Ed. Kristen L. Eckstrand and Jesse M. Ehrenfeld. Switzerland: Springer, 2016. 391-403. DOI:10.1007/978-3-319-19752-4.
– Multiple published research papers on transgender health:
1. Schimmel-Bristow A, Gridley S, Crouch J, Evans Y, Ahrens K, McCarty C, Inwards-Breland D. Youth and Caregiver Experiences of Gender Identity Transition: A Qualitative Study. Psychology of Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity. 2018 Jun; 5(2):273-281.
2. Evans YN, Gridley SJ, Crouch J, Wang A, Moreno MA, Ahrens K, Breland DJ. Understanding Online Resource Use by Transgender Youth and Caregivers: A Qualitative Study. Transgender Health. 2017 Aug; 2(1):129-139. DOI:10.1089/trgh.2017.0011
3. Gridley SJ, Crouch JM, Evans Y, Eng W, Antoon E, Lysapaustina M, Schimmel-Bristow A, Woodward J, Dundon K, Schaff R, McCarty C, Ahrens K, Breland DJ. Youth and Caregiver Perspectives on Barriers to Health Care for Transgender Youth. Journal of Adolescent Health. 2016 Sep; 59(3):254-261. DOI:10.1016/j.jadohealth.2016.03.017.
-3 papers currently in progress relating to sex education for transgender and non-binary youth (1 under review by Journal for Sexual Medicine).
– Oral and poster presentations on transgender health research at the following conferences: National Transgender Health Summit (2019); UW LGBTQ Health Conference (2019); Seattle Children’s Fellows and Residents Research Day (2019); Vanderbilt University Center for Biomedical Ethics and Society Faculty Research Seminar (2017); Pediatric Academic Societies Annual Meeting (2016); GLMA Annual Conference on LGBT Health (2016)
– Featured expert interviewee in “Education Creates Welcoming Environment for Transgender Patients” ED Management (national newsletter published by ACH Media). 2016 Aug;28(8):85-96.
– Former medical professional consultant to the nonprofit Launch Pad, which provides open and affirming sleep shelters for Nashville’s homeless youth, of whom 40% identify as LGBTQ (through Cal Turner Program for Moral Leadership in the Professions, 2016-2017)
– Former Co-President of LGBT MD student organization (Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2013-2014)